The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the major healthcare centers in Germany. Our objective is the development of innovative diagnostics and therapies as well as their quick implementation for the patient. With about 10,700 employees in more than 50 specialized clinical departments with almost 2,000 beds, about 80,000 patients in part-time and full-time inpatient treatment as well as 1,000,000 patients in ambulant treatment are medicated each year.
Research Technician (f/m/d) in full time
from January 2021 on a project funded by the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF) searched for the Centre for Infectious Diseases, Parasitology at Heidelberg University Hospital.
The position is limited until 31 December 2025. The remuneration is based on TV-UK.
- Participation in research projects (The work will involve the handling of infectious agents, in particular Plasmodium infected blood and mosquitoes, and parasite cultures. The post also involves mosquito husbandry.)
- Responsible for training and providing technical assistance to members of the group
- Organisation of the laboratory (e.g. management of lab and insectary supplies)
- Technical degree as a research technician (MTA, BTA etc.) or equivalent (undergraduate degree)
- Previous experience in cell culture, PCR and qRT-PCR
- Insect handling is desirable but not essential
- Advanced skills in software suites such as Microsoft Office and GraphPad
- Prior experience in training and laboratory organisation is an advantage
- Ability to work reliably, efficiently and independently
- Experience in extensive lab book/note keeping
- Willingness to work in an international and highly collaborative team of scientists
- Flexibility to work Saturday (half days) when required
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in English
What we offer
- Target-oriented individual further education and training opportunities
- Targeted training on the job
- Ticket for public transport
- Possibility of child care (crèche and kindergarten) as well as subsidy for holiday care for school
- children Active health promotion
- Company pension scheme
- Access to the university library and other university facilities (e.g. university sports)
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (including CV, the
respective graduation certificates and references) at the latest until 2 December 2020 by
Zentrum für Infektiologie
Victoria Ingham, Ph.D.
Im Neuenheimer Feld 324