Job posting – Global AMR R&D Hub
In their Declaration from July 7 and 8, 2017 the G20 Leaders “call[ed] for a new international R&D Collaboration Hub to maximize the impact of existing and new antimicrobial basic and clinical research initiatives as well as product development” (see source). This Global AMR R&D Hub shall promote high-level coordination and alignment of the existing public and private funding and leverage further investments for AMR R&D initiatives on a national and/or international level. The scope of the Global AMR R&D Hub is embedded in a comprehensive One Health approach, comprising human and animal health as well as environmental aspects.
The Global AMR R&D Hub started operations in 2018. It is directed by a Board with representatives of the countries and funding organisations that are Members of the Hub. A Secretariat with 6 full-time employees is established in Berlin and for the time being is set up until 31 December 2021. During the first half of 2021 the Board will decide on the operation of the Secretariat after 2021. Administratively the Secretariat belongs to the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF).
Scientific Programme Officer (m/f/d)
Starting date: February 1st 2021 – fixed term contract until 31 December 2021
The Secretariat has built up and manages the Global AMR R&D Hub under the guidance of the Board of Members. The Secretariat supports the Board of Members on all issues related to the Global AMR R&D Hub.
The Global AMR R&D Hub collects and presents information on AMR R&D investments, products and market interventions. To position itself as the key knowledge centre for AMR R&D the work of the Hub is strategically aligned into three key pillars that encompass guiding and supporting evidence-based decision making; enhancing collaboration and coordination; and promoting awareness, knowledge and visibility in the field (learn more about it).
A key deliverable is establishing, operating and expanding a Dynamic Dashboard gathering data and information on global AMR R&D, the pipeline of products in development and incentives.
We offer an exciting position in a highly-qualified and motivated multinational team where members can bring ideas to results that are visible and recognised at the global level.
Tasks of the Scientific Programme Officer being recruited
We are looking for a Scientific Programme Officer who can bring experience from scientific R&D and science management on AMR to support the mission of the Global AMR R&D Hub:
- Contributing with expert knowledge on AMR R&D to the further development of the Dynamic Dashboard and to the overall work of the Global AMR R&D Hub;
- Working with colleagues at the Secretariat and with outside experts and stakeholders analysing the data that have been and are being gathered in the Dynamic Dashboard;
- Contributing to the strategic development of the Global AMR R&D Hub, including through developing concepts and presentations;
- Representing the Global AMR R&D Hub in interactions with stakeholders at international level;
- Communicating effectively about the work of the Global AMR R&D Hub.
Qualification and Experience
- Background in a biological/pharmaceutical/medical field of science or in public health;
- Experience in AMR R&D;
- Ability to liaise with and consult effectively with diverse stakeholders and to represent the Hub in international settings, interacting with high-level representatives from academia and policy;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to disseminate key messages to diverse stakeholders;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and with a high degree of responsibility;
- IT literate including Microsoft Office products; familiarity with data visualisation tools an asset;
- Perfect command of spoken and written English required, additional good command of German an asset.
- Well developed inter-personal skills. Can challenge and influence senior stakeholders whilst building and maintaining relationships;
- Can-do attitude to help the small team of the Global AMR R&D Hub Secretariat achieve its ambitious goals;
- Able to work in a flexible and agile way.
The position is located in Berlin, Germany. The duration of the contract will initially be limited to 11 months, with an annual gross salary level matching the German public tariff scheme (TVöD/Bund E14). In addition to the salary, the contract includes health care and social security benefits.
Application documents should comprise a letter of motivation including a description of relevant experience, CV and relevant references and certificates.
Please send your complete documents preferably as a single PDF document (maximum 10 MB) using the reference number 04/2020 by email. Closing date is 1 December 2020.
DZIF is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
For queries, please contact Dr Elmar Nimmesgern.
Tel.: +49 30 403 67776, email
By submitting your application, you agree that your data may be electronically processed and stored.