The Executive Director and the Executive Board are elected by the General Assembly. The Executive Board is responsible for all aspects of governance and management. It comprises the Executive Director, the Scientific Director of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, and one to three further members elected by the General Assembly. The Executive Director is the official representative of DZIF. He is elected by the General Assembly and confirmed by the Commission of Funding Authorities.
Current members of the Executive Board
- Hans-Georg Kräusslich (Heidelberg University and University Hospital, chairman)
- Dirk Busch (Technische Universität München, vice-chairman)
- Ingo Autenrieth (University of Tübingen and University Hospital Tübingen)
- Maura Dandri (University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf)
- Dirk Heinz (Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig)